Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The cycle begins again

We have once again gone through the emotional roller coaster of saying goodbye and hello. Things are moving all together too quickly!  It seems like our children are born, grow up and move on in such a short time!

We had more great learnings shared as they had their final interview before getting on the airplane to their own families:

  • I have Christ's name on my heart and feel like I see others like he sees them
  • i have learned charity, humility, and to serve and love as Jesus served and loved
  • I just want to do good
  • I have learned how to put the Lord's will first
  • We are doing as Christ did, learning to do the will of the Father
  • Like him, we work hard, are rejected, and still try to give our all
  • Miracles come from our best efforts
  • I wanted to change, I've been impacted by doing my best
  • I think differently, I'm more encouraging
  • I feel God's love for me
  • I learned how to get answers to questions through studying the scriptures
  • How I can get revelation
  • I have learned how to set goals and start small and work up
  • If I do the little things 100%, the big things fall into place.
  • I can finish hard things!
  • I have a deeper love for my mom and understand why she did some things
  • How great is our message!
  • I felt the desire to search more to learn
  • Learned the importance of time, I've wasted so much.
  • Not to judge by what I see
  • Patience with myself and to avoid pride
  • I thought I had to be good or I'd quit
  • I feel more loving, appreciative
  • I can talk to others - I've learned some social skills
  • Purpose of commandments
  • My relationship with God.
  • Let it go, it's not my will
  • Learned much more than I expected
  • Love others, praying for charity
  • Following the spirit
  • submitting my will to God and be thankful
  • self reliance
  • More decisive, I can be direct when needed
  • Less critical of others
  • Appreciate my family more, especially my parents
We had a nice evening meal before the departures of the missionaries followed by a spiritual feast and an evening of pictures.


 They are all so worn out from two years of diligent efforts!
 Going home to the Philippines
 Home in Salt Lake City
 Home in Ohio
 Home to Utah
 Home to Utah
 Home in Southern South Korea
 We love when the families come to pick up the missionaries.
 Sometimes we need help preparing for a picture
 In this case, grandmother, mother, sister, and cousin were required to get this man home!
We love it when our children come home for a visit after completing their work. Thank you for blessing our lives!
We had a wonderful evening welcoming our new missionaries. They arrived 24 hours later than anticipated.  Due to mechanical issues they were delayed in the states and had to get up at 1:30 
AM two days in a row.  They were tired, but they were in good spirits!
 The next day with their trainers
 From Texas (she comes from a Korean family)
 From Wyoming
 From Idaho
 From southern South Korea
 From the Philippines
Over the weekend we had two wonderful experiences with the work we are sent here to accomplish: Invite others to come unto Christ.
This baptism was in a tiny little branch in the country.
 This baptism was in the English speaking branch near the Air Force base in the southern part of our mission.  He gave up so much to make this commitment!

We had a great lunch with those who achieved their language certification goals. It's a fun lunch for them to each an old fashioned summer barbecue.

One of our favorite things to do is meet with any group of missionaries.  This week we had the Mission Leadership Council we have once every six weeks. The Assistants to the President, Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders come together to learn more about their roles as leaders.  This meeting happened to be possibly the most spiritual of all MLCs we've had during our tenure here.
You may not be able to tell by the smiles on their faces, but they were serious in training and learning.  We had some wonderful musical numbers to enhance the spirit.
 We do allow them to eat once in a while in such a long day.  They were excited for Burger King!

 They're great leaders, but they still can have some good fun!

The president officially became an old man this past week reaching the big 6-0.  We love it when the missionaries say we met some old people.  When we ask how old they were, they normally say somewhere near 60.  We had one elder look at us and knowing his answer would get our attention said '80'!  He wasn't going to say anything that might make us nervous!  This was during our evening dinner with the departing missionaries.

Another fun video clip we caught on the subway.  You'd never guess, but it was a SPAM commercial.  We had quite a chuckle watching it and thought you might enjoy it.


Finally, we caught a picture at a liposuction clinic near one of our meeting places. This guys was trying to get out of the building!
 
We start up with interviews again and the next post will include more fun pictures.  Time is racing and it seems like we start a new month and it is nearly over.  Can you believe Christmas was nearly a month ago?!  We love what we're doing! Thanks for your support.