Thursday, April 19, 2018

Month of Consecration - gratitude and a sense of awe

As missionaries leave, I often receive wonderful words in their final message to the mission president in their weekly email.  Here's a recent one:


I find that as I reflect on this time that I have had here, I feel extremely blessed. All the hard times, the fun times, the happy times, and the sad times- they have truly all been for my benefit and my good. As I look back, I cannot remember the bad, but I only feel gratitude and a sense of awe that I could do some part of the Lord's work through His hands. I know that when we are willing to follow what they Lord would have us do, we have life. If there is only one thing about me that I feel is different, it is that I feel more alive. It sounds really cheesy and cliche, but we truly gain so much more when we lose ourselves. I am so thankful to our perfect Exemplar, Jesus Christ and to Heavenly Father for the things he blesses me with that I so totally do not deserve.

We had a very busy week and weekend.  We have done half the interviews and  enjoyed being with these amazing young people! As you can tell by the background, we are about service here:

 These two found some toys in the children's nursery








 Here we're about sealing families for eternity!


 Tallest elder in the mission...for a few more weeks.


 Here we're all about love...




 More Primary nursery toys...


 We love the outdoors...

Because of the cherry blossoms everywhere, we joined two sisters for a bike ride.  It was a gorgeous day for a preparation day and we enjoyed ourselves! 

Here we couldn't get a good vantage point for the picture, but this flower arrangement was in the shape of a large butterfly.  Pretty nicely done.
 Bike rental and following mission rules with the helmets.
 The National Assembly building in the background.




 Every one of our missionary's favorite delivery vehicles, you may hear them speak of Nay, Nay Chicken.

 Some video as well:


We said goodbye to another fine missionary this week.  It is so hard to say goodbye to all of them.  We met him in the MTC before we arrived here.  We will miss him.

We had three wonderful baptisms over the weekend.  What a delight.  We could only attend one due to our schedule, but we felt a part of all of it!



We stayed at a hotel because of a late night and early morning of interviews.  In the hotel we found a lovely love seat with color and texture from another world.
We had a great lunch with some of our former missionaries who are making a life of their own right now.  We love it when they think of us and invite us to join with them.

The Seoul West stake had a special meeting for the young single adults that we were able to attend.  This is a good portion of those who attended.  What a joy that was.

So many good things happening here.  We love all the young people are doing!